Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And so it begins ...

This has already been a big week for the Crowley family!  First of all ... BRYAN GOT A JOB!!  Thank you all so much for praying.  He will be waiting tables at On The Boarder - very fun!  He also started classes on Monday and has been spending a lot of time at the library (he actually left a few minutes ago to spend some more time there).  Bryan's parents were in town Saturday - Tuesday which was great.  The kids were in heaven having them here ... and Drew is still "seeking" PaPa after playing so much Hide-N-Seek.  Thanks for making the trip Grammy & PaPa!  We love you!  So yeah ... we have been busy.

Needless to say with this week ... our lives are changing.  Thankfully Bryan and I aren't the type to shy away from change, but that doesn't mean that it won't take some getting used to.  I am so proud of Bryan and his attitude towards school.  It has been fun watching him get organized with his "school supplies" and think through what method will work best for him.  He is so determined to stay on top of everything - that is his biggest concern for school.  He hasn't started work yet.  He is waiting for his training schedule, so I will keep you posted!

I think I am adjusting well so far.  I was reminded this morning of God's amazing blessing to us of living on campus.  From about 9:30 to 11:00 I sat outside talking to a friend while our kids played (actually, Jordan wanted to hang out with Aunt Kat so I just had Drew).  We came inside and had lunch.  Kat came by for about 20 minutes just to hang out, and then Bryan came home and helped get the kids down for naps.  In a time when it would be so easy to feel alone and isolated, God has me in a place where there is always someone around - and not just "someone," but other women that are in the same stage of life whose husbands are doing the same thing.  And amazing women at that!  God has been so sweet to me throughout this whole process.  He is so good!

This may seem small, but another huge blessing for me has been exercise!  After doing Body & Soul for 3 years, I was really missing aerobics and strength training as part of my week.  Not only was it fun and I loved the music, but it kept me in shape!  And thanks to some precious friends of ours who paid for me, I have been able to start going to Jazzersize!!  Katherine and I have been going together and we are loving it.  I thought I was in decent shape going into it, but I have been huffing it in each class!!  Whew!  How long can I blame that on the altitude!?

I would say the only bummer lately has been the fact that I have poison ivy and it has been driving me crazy!  And it is in the most random places - my wrists, under my arm, and on my inner thigh??  What in the world!?  I got it when we went to Estes Park so thankfully I am on the downhill slope.  I haven't had it in so long I didn't really know what it was at first.  I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something.  But alas, it was just plain old poison ivy.  Lovely!

Well, the kids are waking up so I need to wrap it up.

Prayer Requests:
- That God would continue to provide for us financially (we are still raising support)
- That Bryan would pick things up quickly at work
- That we would be able to find a church home here
- Balance

Here are a few pics from the week!

First day of school picture!  Love it!


PaPa is such a fun toy!

Pure joy!

A great visit with Grammy and PaPa!

2 comments:

  1. We had such a fantastic visit! I miss hearing Drew ask, "Papa whea a u?" and reply "I o no". Jordan is such a sweet encourager with a great big heart! The visit with you and Bryan wasn't bad, either (just kidding). We are already looking forward to our next visit, whenever that may be. Love you so, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great fun to catch up on you guys!

    ReplyDelete