Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Adventures

The last two weekends have been full of fun adventures with family.  As I said in my last post, Grammy & PaPa came 2 weeks ago.  And this past weekend we were able to spend some time up in Keystone with my Dad, Nancy, Kat, Sean and Tate which was so much fun!  So I am feeling a little whiplash with jumping back into things now.  We had this laid back weekend - and then it took us double the time to get home due to traffic coming down from the mountains which was frustrating, Bryan jumped back into classes yesterday and has his first official day at On The Boarder is tomorrow.  So this is the first week of what our "new normal" will be - kinda weird.

Yesterday was the first day that I really felt homesick.  I think some of that is because I was looking through some pictures from our home church that someone posted on Facebook.  A number of our dearest friends either help lead worship or are campus pastors - so it was so fun to look through them.  But I found myself sad afterwards.  We also found out this weekend that a woman that Bryan worked with for 4 years passed away very unexpectedly.  It has been kinda hard being here when so many people we know are grieving that loss.  I also found out that one of my small group girls is going to be on the homecoming court which is awesome - but I am just sick that I am not going to be there.  So yeah - it was a weird day yesterday.  Not that I am not enjoying it here ... I truly am.  But I found myself missing my friends and family in Little Rock ... and I know that that is ok.  It just made me sad.

Ok - let's move on to the more fun stuff!

I LOVE the mountains!!  The are just so majestic and stunning!  One of my favorite things that we did in Keystone was go on an 18 mile bike ride from Copper Mountain down to Dillon!  The views were amazing and the weather was perfect.  Bryan is the biker in our family - but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it (although my rear was telling me a different story the next morning - haha)!  We had the kids in a "basket" that Bryan pulled behind his bike and they loved it.  Jordan has not stopped talking about it.  The only bummer from the day was that my Dad took a fall and had a minor concussion.  We are pretty sure he fainted after going up a hill.  He is doing well now - but it was a little scary!  Here are a few pictures.

This is where we started - beautiful!!


Happy us!


The kids just got to sit and enjoy the ride!  Way to go Daddy!

The rest of the weekend was great too.  We watched football and cheered for our Razorbacks as they won their first game - Go Hogs!  We ate good food.  We did some shopping - great outlets!  And Kat, Sean, Bryan and I played one of the longest games of Spades ever!  But there is something about being in the mountains that is so peaceful to me.  It is just one of those places that God speaks to my heart - and just tells me He loves me.  What an awesome God we serve!  I hope that we get to spend a lot of time in the mountains while we are here - Bryan and I both love it!

I need to go for now.  They kids are down for their naps and I need to take a break!  But here are some cute pictures of our kiddos - don't they look so Coloradoan!?




He is getting to that age where it is hard to get him to stay still for a picture!


Happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment