Monday, August 23, 2010

Big Boy Birthday and Estes Park!

I love music!  It is amazing the difference it makes in my day.  I have been sitting here stewing about a few things - and then Bryan turned on some music and it instantly took my focus off of our circumstances and on to Jesus ... where it always needs to be.  "Lead me to the cross, where you love poured out.  Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down.  Rid me of myself, I belong to you.  Lead me to the cross."

And with that in mind I can share how God has been loving me in such sweet ways this week.  Just to mention a few:  Our external hard drive crashed and I thought we lost ALL of our pictures over the last 5 years - but when I pulled out our old computer, every picture was there ... and I could have sworn that I had deleted them.  Not to mention the flash drive that had all the pictures that my friend had given me to do a scrapbook for her.  I don't remember putting them there!  I truly believe that God restored it all.  It was awesome.  We got a check from our mortgage company that was very unexpected.  And God has blessed us with meeting so many great new people that we forming great new friendships with.  He cares about every detail of my life ... and I am amazed by Him!

Our boy turned 2 last week!!  I still can't believe it!  We had a fun family morning going to Chuck E Cheese for games and then Chick-fil-a for lunch.  I made some yummy cupcakes for that night, so after dinner some friends came over and we sang to him.  Then we went outside and let the kids play and gave people cupcakes.  Very fun!  And then more friends came over that night and they stayed up late playing together.  So Drew had a great day which made me happy.



Jordan helped me make cupcakes!  Love it!

This weekend we got to go to Estes Park with our friends Nick, Sarah and Evie which was a blast.  It was so beautiful and our first real adventure since we moved here. We all packed lunches and didn't really have an agenda.   It was just nice to get off campus with friends and have some fun.  We still can't get over the weather and the beauty here.  It is truly marvelous!  Well - just check out the pictures!!

The kids were not too thrilled to take pictures - they just wanted to run and get in the water!


This is Sarah!  Already such a sweet friend!  And did I mention they are from Australia - I could listen to them talk all day!  =)


Jordan and Evie - precious!


I mean really!?!?!?

See what I mean - BEAUTIFUL!!  And so much fun.

Well - the kiddos are waking up and we are excited to see Kat, Sean and baby Tate since they just got back from a trip!  Please continue to pray for a job for Bryan - he has been applying places but hasn't heard back from anyone yet.  We know God will provide just what we need - we are just trying to be patient.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Corrie! I found your blog through a Facebook link, I think! I didn't know that your family had moved to CO--wow! Praying for you as you get settled and meet new friends, etc. It looks like you are in a BEAUTIFUL place. I've been to CO once in the summer and LOVED IT!

    Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

    Jamie Garner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrie, I am enjoying reading your blog and keeping up with your family! I am praying for your new journey and know that God is blessing your every step. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL photos! Glad to see things are going well for you guys and I will pray for a job for Bryan.

    ReplyDelete