Friday, August 6, 2010

Moving Day Eve ... Saying Goodbye is for the Birds

So ... the truck is packed.  My Mom's garage is almost back to normal, although the rest of her house may need awhile to recoop.  I am sitting at the dining room table staring at a computer screen with so many thoughts and emotions that I want to write down and explain ... but my mind is mush and I am emotionally exhausted.  So forgive me for the lack of creativity or bluntness.  This is all I got.

It really has been an amazing and hard week on so many levels.  We have had such sweet time with dear friends which has been so good for my soul!  We have been blessed with great friendships here and we will miss you all terribly.  We take great comfort knowing that we will be back around the holidays and summers.  But goodbyes are just hard ... and I am just really sad.

Today alone has been an emotional roller coaster!  I had my last Body & Soul class which was hard - it has been a huge blessing in my life.  Afterwards, all of the ladies gathered around and prayed for me which was amazing.  I couldn't hold back tears to hear them praying the cries of my heart.  From safety for travels, to raising support, to finding new friends.  So many of my fears were lifted up before the Father and I couldn't help but weep.  I am so thankful that I serve a God who is walking this road with me and is holding me up.  Thank you Jesus that you care about every detail of my life - and that YOU are in control of it!

Bryan spent 5 hours packing the truck today!!  He is sore and exhausted - but he did such a great job.  Then we went to a fun birthday party for one of Jordan's friends and got to spend more time with friends that we love.  So it has been a full day ... but a tiring one.  And we begin THE BIG MOVE tomorrow so I need to get to bed.  But just so you all know our schedule for the move (we have had this question a LOT):

Saturday, Aug 7 - Driving to Tulsa to spend the night with my aunt
Sunday, Aug 8 - Bryan and my Mom drive from Tulsa to Denver in the Penske towing our car.  I fly with both kids to Denver (please pray for me!?)
Monday, Aug 9 - Move in to the apartment!!!

Our last night in Little Rock.  So hard to believe.  G'night.

My Mom's garage for the past 3 weeks!  Just thought this was funny!

My messy boy at the birthday party today.  He was in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment